Robbins SCE Research
Home| British Columbia Polls| Canada Polls| US & the World Polls| Contact| Register| Search| Donate
ROBBINS only pollster on the planet to get U.S. Election correct
  Jul 09, 2012

A targeted survey of 1,617 respondents throughout the United States of America who have been contacted previously by ROBBINS. ROBBINS had pre-determined that 81% of respondents were voters in the last U.S. Presidential election in 2000 and intended to vote in this upcoming November 2004 Presidential election. The remaining 19% are ‘new’ respondents who also were ‘qualified as regular voters’ and who reside in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida. These survey responses were obtained between October 11th and October 22nd, 2004. The margin of error is 2.25%, 18 times out of 20, @97% competency.

Question #1
Would you say that generally speaking, whenever you make a decision to do something, or to take a particular course of action, that you ‘stick to it’ and don’t easily change your mind?
Yes    71 %
No    29 %
Question #2
Which of the following statements BEST reflects your mental approach to completing a task once your start it?
A. in for a penny in for a pound    32 %
B. steady as she goes    33 %
C.I reserve the right to change my mind at any time    35 %
Question #3
In your opinion if Senator John Kerry were to become the next President of the United States could his administration demonstrably change or alter the course of events in Iraq?
Yes    38 %
No    61 %
Question #4
In your opinion would a U.S. military failure in Iraq be a “serious black eye” to U.S. foreign policy?
Yes    72 %
No    29 %
Question #5
In your opinion who is the right person to lead the United States of America for the next four years?
A. Senator John F. Kerry    46 %
B. President George W. Bush    51 %
Commentary
-Statistically over two thirds of respondents in this survey support the war in Iraq. Senator Kerry has made about as good a case as anyone could, that President Bush has done poorly on this foreign policy file, but through all of his efforts he could only pull 11 (statistically) per cent of respondents to his side of the equation.
Politically, the ‘horse is out of the barn’ with respect to U.S. foreign policy on Iraq. Winning in Iraq is a matter of American pride and respondents will not accept another foreign policy failure like Viet Nam. ROBBINS believes that Americans do not see the Iraq war in the same light as the Persian Gulf War. It is seen more within the context of a larger more protracted war, like Viet Nam, which was the subject of much debate during this Presidential election. Since that time the Americans have won a ‘less tangible’ “cold war”, and a limited war in the Persian Gulf. It is important that the war on terror, and the war in Iraq to be seen as one and the same, in the sense that neither can be dealt with in any other manner than fully and completely.
Senator John Kerry has closer ties to foreign policy failure in Viet Nam than does President Bush. The Bush family, (George Herbert Walker) and George W. Bush have closer affiliation with the Middle East.
Women voters selected George W. Bush slightly more than John Kerry in this survey. ROBBINS thinks this comes down to the ‘two husband theory’. When all is going well a woman prefers the articulate intellectual who makes her proud at dinner parties and amongst friends. If she is afraid or danger is imminent she will prefer a fighter. We believe more Americans ‘like’ George W. Bush than they are willing to admit.
Mainstream press and polling companies continue to push rationales for American voter ‘logic’ that presume voters are as well versed on the subject matter as they are. Although most voters have a good understanding of the issues, it is the voter nuances that are not being picked up by the mainstream press. Many respondents in our poll (particularly those that have seen the movie Fahrenheit 9-11) believe that Bush winning the Presidency in 2004 is pre-ordained because his family is wealthy and he is ‘friends with powerful Arabs’.
When you couple this with the sentiment that respondents do not want another close election like 2000, it is possible that many undecideds simply don’t like Kerry enough to fight for him.

Home| British Columbia Polls| Canada Polls| US and the World Polls| Contact| Register| Search| Site Map
Copyright Robbins SCE Research Inc. ©2017